UKULELE CHRISTMAS SONGBOOK - Kindle edition by Capafons, Joan. Download it once and read it on your Kindle device, PC, phones or tablets. Use features like bookmarks, note taking and highlighting while reading UKULELE CHRISTMAS SONGBOOK. The ukulele melodies on this page are popular Christmas carols and songs arranged for easy ukulele containing the melody notated with sheet music and corresponding tab notation below the staff. Christmas ukulele at Sheet Music Plus. Christmas ukulele solos; Jumpin' Jim's ukulele Christmas; Christmas carols for ukulele. Uke's SONGS Back to Dr. Uke's WAITING ROOM Contact Dr. HOLIDAY SONGS MARTIN LUTHER KING DAY: SPIRITUALS, AND SONGS OF FREEDOM, PEACE, AND HOPE.
Ukulele Christmas Songs
Christmas tablature melodies for uke
The ukulele melodies on this page are popular Christmas carols and songs arranged for easy ukulele containing the melody notated with sheet music and corresponding tab notation below the staff.
Christmas ukulele at Sheet Music Plus
Free ukulele tablature sheet music (PDF)
- Angels We Have Heard On High - uke (video)
- As With Gladness Men Of Old - uke (video)
- Away In A Manger - uke (video)
- Christ Was Born On Christmas Day - uke (video)
- Deck The Halls - uke (video)
- Ding, Dong, Merrily On High - uke (video)
- Go, Tell It On The Mountain - uke (video)
- God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen - uke (video)
- Good King Wenceslas - uke(video)
- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing - uke (video)
- Infant Holy, Infant Lowly - uke (video)
- It Came Upon A Midnight Clear - uke (video)
- Jingle Bells - uke (video)
- Jolly Old St. Nicholas - uke (video)
- Joy To The World - uke (video)
- O Christmas Tree - uke (O Tannenbaum) (video)
- O Holy Night - uke (video)
- Once In Royal David's City - uke (video)
- Silent Night - uke (video)
- The First Noel - uke (video)
- We Wish You A Merry Christmas - uke (video)
Ukulele Heroes - Five People Most Associated With the Ukulele
Free Ukulele Club Songbooks
By Al Wood
Few instruments go in and out of fashion quite as regularly as the ukulele. During the last 100 years, the ukulele has at times been more popular than the guitar and at other times completely obscure. Whenever the instrument seems dead and buried, someone comes along to revive interest in the instrument. These five people are responsible for more people picking up the ukulele than anyone else.
Cliff Edwards was a huge Hollywood star. His career spanned from the 1920's to the 1960's. He is best known as the voice of Jiminy Cricket and for his Oscar winning performance of When You Wish Upon A Star. He is also known as 'Ukulele Ike' and was almost single-handedly responsible for creating the image of the ukulele crooner and also the trend for scat singing along with the ukulele.
He launched the first generation of ukulele players in the mainland US and published three books of ukulele songs.
In the UK, the ukulele is almost synonymous with George Formby. Like Cliff Edwards, Formby was both a musician and film star. However, his image couldn't have been more different. He didn't have Edwards' looks and dark charisma, but he did have a huge amount of light-hearted charm. And it was this much needed light-heartedness that launched him to fame during the Second World War.
His fame was so great that he is still revered in the UK. The George Formby Society has being going for over 40 years and counted George Harrison amongst its membership.
By the late 1940's, the first boom of the ukulele was well and truly over. Very few ukuleles were being sold. This all changed when Arthur Godfrey began playing one on his radio and TV shows. He even briefly had a TV show giving ukulele lessons: Arthur Godfrey and his Ukulele.
He was a huge promoter of the instrument. After he started advertising them, sales of new plastic ukuleles made by Macaferri went through the roof. Also, he commissioned the building of the first baritone ukulele.
Israel Kamakawiwo'ole (or IZ to give him his more easily spelled nickname) was a huge Hawaiian sensation. He is most famous for his ukulele based version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow in 1997. The clip was used in the film 50 First Dates, has become a YouTube sensation with over 10 million views and inspired Jason Castro's version on American Idol.
Unlike the other people on this list, Jake Shimabukuro uses the ukulele as a solo instrument. He is the first person to take the idea of the ukulele as a lead instrument into the mainstream. Learning to play his solo arrangement of The Beatles' While My Guitar Gently Weeps is now a rite of passage for all aspiring ukulele players.
Al Wood writes about the ukulele and ukulele chords and has a guide to ukuleles for sale.
Back to top of page
- Angels From Heaven
- Angels From The Realms Of Glory
- Angels We Have Heard On High
- As Each Happy Christmas
- As Lately We Watched
- As With Gladness Men Of Old
- Away In A Manger
- Away In A Manger
- A Baby In The Cradle
- Bells Over Bethlehem
- Beside Thy Cradle Here I Stand
- The Boar's Head Carol
- A Boy Is Born In Bethlehem
- Break Forth, O Beauteous, Heavenly Light
- Bring A Torch, Jeannette, Isabella
- Carol Of The Birds
- A Child Is Born In Bethlehem
- Child Jesus Came To Earth This Day
- Christ Is Born This Evening
- Christ Was Born On Christmas Day
- Christians, Awake! Salute The Happy Morn
- The Christmas Tree With Its Candles Gleaming
- Come, All Ye Shepherds
- Come, Thou Long-Expected Jesus
- Coventry Carol
- Dance Of The Sugar Plum Fairy, Op. 71a
- A Day, Bright Day Of Glory
- Deck The Hall
- Ding Dong! Merrily On High!
- The First Noel
- The Friendly Beasts
- From Heaven Above To Earth I Come
- Fum, Fum, Fum
- Go, Tell It On The Mountain
- God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen
- Good Christian Men, Rejoice
- Good King Wenceslas
- The Happy Christmas Comes Once More
- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
- He Is Born, The Holy Child (Il Est Ne, Le Divin Enfant)
- Here We Come A-Wassailing
- The Holly And The Ivy
- I Am So Glad On Christmas Eve
- I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day
- I Saw Three Ships
- In The Field With Their Flocks Abiding
- In The Silence Of The Night
- It Came Upon The Midnight Clear
- Jesu, Joy Of Man's Desiring
- Jesus Holy, Born So Lowly
- Joy To The World
- Lo, How A Rose E'er Blooming
- Masters In This Hall
- Neighbor, What Has You So Excited?
- Noel! Noel!
- O Bethlehem
- O Christmas Tree
- O Come, All Ye Faithful
- O Come Away, Ye Shepherds
- O Come, Little Children
- O Come Rejoicing
- O Come, O Come Immanuel
- O Holy Night
- O Let Us All Be Glad Today
- O Little Town Of Bethlehem
- O Sanctissima
- Of The Father's Love Begotten
- On Christmas Night
- Once In Royal David's City
- Pat-A-Pan (Willie, Take Your Little Drum)
- Rejoice And Be Merry
- Ring Out, Ye Wild And Merry Bells
- Rise Up, Shepherd, And Follow
- Shepherds, Shake Off Your Drowsy Sleep
- Shepherds' Cradle Song
- Shout The Glad Tidings
- Silent Night
- The Simple Birth
- Sing, O Sing, This Blessed Morn
- Sing We Now Of Christmas
- Sleep, Holy Babe
- Sleep, O Sleep, My Lovely Child
- The Snow Lay On The Ground
- The Star Of Christmas Morning
- Star Of The East
- Still, Still, Still
- There's A Song In The Air
- 'Twas The Night Before Christmas
- The Twelve Days Of Christmas
- A Virgin Unspotted
- Watchman, Tell Us Of The Night
- We Three Kings Of Orient Are
- We Wish You A Merry Christmas
- Wexford Carol
- What Child Is This?
- When Christ Was Born Of Mary Free
- When Christmas Morn Is Dawning
- While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks
- Winds Through The Olive Trees
Looking for one specific arrangement? Individual selections from this title are available for download at Sheet Music Direct.