- Metropolitan Opera On Demand
- Metropolitan Opera Online Gratis 2020 Live Free Video Download
- Metropolitan Opera Free Online Operas
- Metropolitan Opera Shop Online
- Metropolitan Opera Online Gala
The Metropolitan Opera has closed, but it’s offering nightly streams of encore presentations from its Live in HD series.
The streams began on Monday, March 16th, 2020. Each will begin at 7:30 p.m. on the date listed below, and will remain available on metopera.org until 6:30 p.m. the next day. If you happen to use a Met Opera on Demand app, it will be available there too.
To watch the streams
- Stream Metropolitan Opera free online. The Metropolitan Opera’s Saturday matinee broadcasts are the longest-running continuous classical music program in radio history. The live opera radio broadcasts are augmented with informative and live intermission features including essays.
- While you can watch via the Metropolitan Museum's website, the initiative has become so popular that there is often a waitlist for watching. To avoid delays, they recommend accessing the stream via Met Opera on Demand. This app is available for Apple, Amazon, Roku devices, and Samsung Smart TV.
- Scroll down to the opera you want to watch and click on the name of the opera
- Remember: it will only be available for free streaming the day listed, starting at 7:30 p.m., and then until 6:30 p.m. the next day. If you click on one that is not currently available, it will give you information about the opera, but will not be available for free streaming. So, only one opera at a time will be available for free streaming, although there will be links for each opera.
- You might also see a button that says “Watch Now” on the Metropolitan Opera’s home page, and that one will stream the currently available opera.
Schedule for streams
Metropolitan Opera On Demand
Monday, April 5
Starring Marina Poplavskaya, Jonas Kaufmann, and René Pape, conducted by Yannick Nézet-Séguin. Production by Des McAnuff. From December 10, 2011.
Tuesday, April 6
Starring Christiane Eda-Pierre, Isola Jones, Luciano Pavarotti, Louis Quilico, and Ara Berberian, conducted by James Levine. Production by John Dexter. From December 15, 1981.
The Metropolitan Opera has closed, but it’s offering nightly streams of encore presentations from its Live in HD series. The streams began on Monday, March 16th, 2020. Each will begin at 7:30 p.m. On the date listed below, and will remain available on metopera.org until 6:30 p.m. If you happen to use. Met Opera on Demand. From old-school legends to today’s great stars, experience more than 700 full-length Met performances with our online streaming service. Free apps available for Amazon Fire TV and Tablet, iPad, iPhone, Apple TV, Android, Roku, and Samsung Smart TV. Download the free apps. The Metropolitan Opera Archives Database.
Wednesday, April 7
Tchaikovsky’s Eugene Onegin
Starring Anna Netrebko, Elena Maximova, Alexey Dolgov, Peter Mattei, and Štefan Kocán, conducted by Robin Ticciati. Production by Deborah Warner. From April 22, 2017.
Thursday, April 8
Zandonai’s Francesca da Rimini
Starring Renata Scotto, Plácido Domingo, and Cornell MacNeil, conducted by James Levine. Production by Piero Faggioni. From April 7, 1984.
Friday, April 9
Shostakovich’s The Nose
Starring Andrey Popov, Alexander Lewis, and Paulo Szot, conducted by Pavel Smelkov. Production by William Kentridge. From October 26, 2013.
Saturday, April 10
Gounod’s Roméo et Juliette
Starring Anna Netrebko, Roberto Alagna, Nathan Gunn, and Robert Lloyd, conducted by Plácido Domingo. Production by Guy Joosten. From December 15, 2007.
Sunday, April 11
Verdi’s Luisa Miller
Starring Sonya Yoncheva, Olesya Petrova, Piotr Beczała, Plácido Domingo, Alexander Vinogradov, and Dmitry Belosselskiy, conducted by Bertrand de Billy. Production by Elijah Moshinsky. From April 14, 2018.
Monday, April 12
Starring Kathleen Kim, Joyce DiDonato, Alice Coote, Stephanie Blythe, and Laurent Naouri, conducted by Bertrand de Billy. Production by Laurent Pelly. From April 28, 2018.
Tuesday, April 13
Tchaikovsky’s Iolanta / Bartók’s Bluebeard’s Castle
Starring Anna Netrebko and Piotr Beczała in Iolanta, and Nadja Michael and Mikhail Petrenko in Bluebeard’s Castle, conducted by Valery Gergiev. Production by Mariusz Treliński. From February 14, 2015.
Metropolitan Opera Online Gratis 2020 Live Free Video Download
Wednesday, April 14
Mozart’s Die Zauberflöte
Starring Golda Schultz, Kathryn Lewek, Charles Castronovo, Markus Werba, and René Pape, conducted by James Levine. Production by Julie Taymor. From October 14, 2017.
Thursday, April 15
Humperdinck’s Hansel and Gretel
Starring Judith Blegen, Frederica von Stade, Jean Kraft, Rosalind Elias, and Michael Devlin, conducted by Thomas Fulton. Production by Nathaniel Merrill. From December 25, 1982.
Friday, April 16
Starring Kristine Opolais, Katarina Dalayman, Jamie Barton, Brandon Jovanovich, and Eric Owens, conducted by Sir Mark Elder. Production by Mary Zimmerman. From February 25, 2017.
Saturday, April 17
Starring Eva Marton, Leona Mitchell, Plácido Domingo, and Paul Plishka, conducted by James Levine. Production by Franco Zeffirelli. From April 4, 1987.
Sunday, April 18
Rossini’s La Cenerentola
Starring Joyce DiDonato, Juan Diego Flórez, Pietro Spagnoli, Alessandro Corbelli, and Luca Pisaroni, conducted by Fabio Luisi. Production by Cesare Lievi. From May 10, 2014