Roar. Our love for Easy Tiger Crafts continues! Here we have our easy Paper Tiger Puppet Crafts! These paper puppets are soo easy to make, once you know the basics, challenge the kids to come up with their own designs!
- How To Draw a Tiger step by step in this drawing tutorial, we’ll demonstrate you how to draw a Tiger in some easy steps. This step by step free lesson helps you draw a Tiger In 4 different options! Here are some facts about Tigers that you might find fascinating. The tiger is the enormous wild cat in the earth.
- Easily recognized by its coat of reddish-orange with dark stripes, the tiger is the largest wild cat in the world. The big cat's tail is three feet long. On average the big cat weighs 450 pounds, about the same as eight ten-year-old kids.
- How to Start a Drawing of a Tiger? Nine out of ten students would want to start drawing a tiger face first. Do you see two crossed dotted lines? We start our drawing of a tiger from outlining its torso first, then we outline the tiger’s neck base with shoulder plates, and only after that, we outline its head.
Tiger Drawing For Kids To Colour
How To Draw Tiger Easily In 5 Steps For Beginners Step 1 Draw the Face of the tiger drawing In the first step, I will teach you how to draw a tiger. First of all, I’ll. Step 2: Draw the Body of the tiger After the first step finish, this second step of our sketch of how to draw a tiger.
The great thing about today’s craft is that you do NOT need a Tiger Puppet Printable! These hand puppets are based on basic shapes and everyone will be able to make them!!
This tiger craft would make a great addition to any Year of Tiger activities for Chinese New Year 2022 (and beyond!), or as part of an wild life study units. Or make them just because they are so cute!
What Year is the Year of the Tiger?
Year of the Tiger is in: 1926, 1938, 1950, 1962, 1974, 1986, 1998, 2010, 2022, 2034.
In 2022, it will be the year of the Chinese Zodiac Tiger! Find our more about the Year of the Tiger here.
To make your Tiger Hand Puppet, you will need:
- Orange paper (though at a push, use white paper and colour it in? Or make a WHITE tiger, even better!)
- Some contrasting paper (we used a dark yellow, but white would work too)
- Black pen
- Glue stick
How to make a paper tiger puppet – step by step instructions!
Tiger Face Drawing For Kids
Watch the video tutorial on auto play or check out the step by step instructions:
To save on paper, trim of a strip of orange first – you will use this later to make the tiger ears. If you have enough orange paper scraps, you can skip this!
Fold the paper along it long edge, approximately 1/3 of the way up.
Fold down the top long edge to meet, bt overlap the bottom edge. Secure with a glue stick or some sticky tape!
With the seam of your fold on the outside, fold your paper in half.
Then fold over flap.
Flip and fold over the other.
You will end up with a type of “M”. The point in the middle will be your mouth. The long sides of the M, fit you fingers.
Cut out all your paper tiger shapes. The basic hapes are simple – some orange ovals for the ears. You can add a second set of smaller ovals in contrasting colours if you wish. Or you can draw the inside of the ear in pen.
A large oval for the mouth part – draw on a black triangle for the nose, a line and some dots.
Glue these features in place. Note: the ears go in the “inside” of your hand puppet, so that they don’t get in the way of your hand.
Add eyes and more tiger stripes with your black pen and you are finished!
Isn’t he adorable?
You can add additional features such as a red tongue and tiger teeth!!
You can also experiment with different Tiger Face features – e.g. use our tiger corner bookmark for inspiration?!
We have many more great Homeamde Puppet Crafts for you here:
See more Chinese New Year Zodiac Animal Crafts here:
Tiger Drawing For Kids To Color
And all our Chinese New Year Crafts for Kids, here.